General Tso’s Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs deboned dark chicken meat, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 12 small dried hot peppers
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, blended with 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 1 1/2 cup hot chicken broth
- Mix sauce’s ingredients together in a bowl
- In separate bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix until chicken pieces are coated evenly. Add vegetable oil to help separate chicken pieces.
- Deep fry chicken until its crispy then drain on paper towels.
- Place a small amount of oil in hot wok and cook onions and peppers.
- Add all ingredients together then serve with rice.
Serve and enjoy this delicious Chinese Food Recipe – general tso’s chicken